Weis Markets Donation Guidelines
Weis Markets and its associates are committed to giving back to the communities we serve. We are strong supporters of community-based health care organizations, food banks and emergency food providers and educational causes.
Non-profit and community organizations interested in a donation for their cause or a donation for a charitable fundraising event such as a silent auction, bake sale, spaghetti dinner, etc., should make a request through our online donation request system.
All requests should be submitted at least two weeks prior to your event.
We receive numerous donation requests throughout the course of a year and we cannot respond to every request we receive. If a donation is approved, it will be passed on to your local Weis Markets store for notification or you will be contacted by someone from our corporate office. Follow up calls and emails are not necessary.
Most donations will be in the form of Weis Markets Gift Cards.
The following requests will not be considered for a Weis Markets Donation:
- Individuals requesting donations for trips, sports sponsorships, pageants, etc.
- Direct donation requests for individuals with catastrophic health and financial needs
- Individuals soliciting on a behalf of a charity already supported by Weis Markets
- Fraternal, political or labor organizations
- Advertising in school yearbooks and programs for parties and benefit performances
- Requests for funding outside Weis Markets’ five-state market area
- For profit and other non-profit organizations requesting donations for associate incentives