(Sunbury, PA) - Weis Markets today announced the completion of the remodel and overhaul of its flagship Lewisburg store. As part of the store’s Grand Re-Opening celebration on Sunday, March 14, Weis Markets is making more than $32,000 in local donations. “We have freshened up the look and feel of our Lewisburg store by increasing the variety of products, adding new options, upgrading the decor and most importantly improving its layout and convenience for our customers. This is our store design of the future,” said Jonathan Weis, Weis Markets Vice Chairman. “Our company is proud to support a deserving, locally based non-profit movie theater, a community-based healthcare organization and a volunteer fire company in a town where we’ve operated for more than 90 years,” said Mr. Weis. “It’s our way of saying thanks to an outstanding community.” As a result of the project, the store now has:
- New décor and an expanded produce department
- A redesigned pharmacy and Health and Beauty Care department
- A new 30-seat café and coffee bar offering a selection of espresso drinks. This section offers a wide selection of premium, imported and craft beers which are sold for on-site consumption.
- An expanded and more convenient service seafood department
- Increased selection of deli, produce and seafood products
The Grand Re-Opening donations include:
- $30,000 to Evangelical Community Hospital. This donation will benefit the hospital’s expectant parent and children’s programs, its hospice and mammography programs and the expansion of its surgical and cardiovascular unit.
- $1,300 to the Campus Theatre in Lewisburg
- $1,000 to the William Cameron Engine Company, the volunteer fire company serving Lewisburg.
Weis Markets, Inc. was founded in Sunbury in 1912 by Sigmund and Harry Weis. Today, it operates 164 stores in Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, New York and West Virginia.