2nd, 3rd and 4th grade students are invited to… SOLVE THE CASE OF THE MISSING ENERGY!
Weis Markets is proud to present its FREE Weis Mystery Tours™ field trip program. In these engaging tours, 2nd, 3rd and 4th grade students venture into supermarket aisles and explore the five main food groups through an interactive mystery story.
- The 90-minute field trip supports the USDA’s Dietary Guidelines for Americans and focuses on the importance of making sensible food choices to build a healthy body.
- Program activities were designed by the Weis Dietitians to reinforce Department of Education health and wellness curricula.
- Tour content meets requirements for various 4H programs, Girl Scouts badges and Cub Scouts badges.
Energetic George used to be full of energy but now he feels weak and tired. He cannot stay focused at school and does not feel like playing with his friends. Energetic George needs help solving the mystery of how he lost his energy. This is clearly a case for a group of brilliant detectives to solve.
Students gear up with a detective hat and badge, magnifying glass and clue pad and venture into supermarket aisles in search of clues to solve the mystery of why Energetic George lost his energy.
After exploring the five main food groups, reading nutrition labels and sampling new foods to uncover clues, students are equipped to solve the Case of the Missing Energy.
- Fruits and Vegetables: Eating a variety of colorful fruits and vegetables gives you energy and special health benefits.
- Meats and Beans: Meats and beans provide plant and animal protein for growth and building strong muscles.
- Grains: Grains provide energy. Look for whole grains for more fiber and vitamins.
- Dairy: To build strong teeth and bones, choose three dairy servings per day.
- Beverages: Active kids need water. Choose water most often and read beverage labels for added sugars.
- Physical Activity: Fuel up with the right foods to be active and have fun!
Click on the link below to schedule a Mystery Tour. Please be sure to include the following information in your email:
- Phone Number
- School or Group
- Position or Title
- Grade Level
- Number of Students
- Preferred Store
- Preferred Date & Time
*Plan to schedule 6 or more weeks in advance. Each 90 minute tour is limited to 25 students.