Click here to download a PDF of the checklist.
To teach 2nd, 3rd and 4th grade students how to make sensible food and activity choices through an interactive field trip.
- Confirm tour date, time and location with Weis Mystery Tours™ Coordinator at 570-988-3025.
- Download permission slip for each student to take home and have signed by his/her legal guardian.
- Collect signed permission slips.
- Divide students into an even number of groups of 4-5 students each. Assign one chaperone per group.
- Submit the permission summary form to email@example.com.
- Download the Case of the Missing Energy storyline and accompanying activity as well as the supporting MyPlate lesson plans and MyPlate poster. Students will benefit most from the tour if they are familiar with the storyline and MyPlate.
- First, have students complete the pre-test (optional).
- Then, read storyline and have students complete accompanying activity.
- Finally, complete the supporting MyPlate lesson plan.
- Bring a camera to take photos of your group (optional).
- Divide students into their chaperoned groups.
- Re-read the Case of the Missing Energy storyline to students.
- Bring a copy of the permission summary form for the tour leader.
- Be ready to learn and have fun!
- Have students complete the post-test upon returning to school (optional).
- Revisit our website and download optional post-tour activities for ongoing reinforcement of tour learnings. Or, give students fun activities to complete at home with their families!
- Complete the teacher evaluation online.
- Post tour photos of your class online (optional). Click here for photo upload instructions.
Thank you for making nutrition education a priority in your teaching curriculum. Our Weis Registered Dietitians are excited to work with you to provide engaging nutrition education activities that encourage healthy lifestyle choices!
Contact us with any questions or concerns at: firstname.lastname@example.org