N.R. Getic George used to be full of energy but now he feels weak and tired. He cannot stay focused at school and does not feel like playing with his friends. N.R. Getic George needs help solving the mystery of how he lost his energy. This is clearly a case for a group of brilliant detectives to solve.
Students gear up with a detective hat and badge, magnifying glass and clue pad and venture into supermarket aisles in search of clues to solve the mystery of why N.R. Getic George lost his energy.
After exploring the five main food groups, reading nutrition labels and sampling new foods to uncover clues, students are equipped to solve the Case of the Missing Energy.
- Fruits and Vegetables: Eating a variety of colorful fruits and vegetables gives you energy and special health benefits.
- Meats and Beans: Meats and beans provide plant and animal protein for growth and building strong muscles.
- Grains: Grains provide energy. Look for whole grains for more fiber and vitamins.
- Dairy: To build strong teeth and bones, choose three dairy servings per day.
- Beverages: Active kids need water. Choose water most often and read beverage labels for added sugars.
- Physical Activity: Fuel up with the right foods to be active and have fun!