WEIS MARKETS PENN STATE PET OF THE GAME CONTEST COMPLETE OFFICIAL RULES NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. Eligibility: To enter the Promotion you must be a LEGAL RESIDENT IN STATES OF WEIS MARKETS LOCATIONS (PENNSYLVANIA, NEW JERSEY, NEW YORK, MARYLAND, WEST VIRGINIA, VIRGINA, and DELEWARE ONLY) WHO ARE OF LEGAL AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR JURISDICTION OF RESIDENCE (GENERALLY, AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE) AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. The Promotion is void outside of these 7 states (PENNSYLVANIA, NEW JERSEY, NEW YORK, MARYLAND, WEST VIRGINIA, VIRGINA, and DELEWARE) and where restricted or prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor and other participating partners, their affiliate companies, parents, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, (collectively, “Promotion Entities”), and their immediate families and members of their households, are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. The photo submission must be of a pet photographed with blue and white gear or Penn State University gear. Photo submissions that do not follow this guideline will be disqualified.
Photos may not contain
Profanity or derogatory language.
Obscenity, explicit materials, nudity, profanity, violence, call or incitement to violence, content or images that could be considered abusive, inflammatory, denigrating, or disrespectful to groups, individuals, or institutions.
Any languages that disparages Sponsor, partners/employees/associates/customers, any products sold by Sponsor, or in any way adversely affects the business reputation or goodwill of Sponsor.
Any wording that advocates alcohol or drug use or any illegal act.
Entries containing any of the aforementioned content will be disqualified.
3. Voting, Odds of Winning and Notification: A winner will be selected by public vote, the greatest number of votes from all eligible entries will win. Any use of voting exchange sites, forums, or message boards are strictly prohibited. If a contestant is found to have used these services, they will be disqualified. Votes generated by script, macro, or other automated means and votes by any means which subvert the voting process are void. Odds of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible entries and votes received. The potential winner will be notified via email or through Facebook Private Message. If a potential winner cannot be reached within five (5) business days from the first notification attempt, the contestant will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected. Weekly winners are ineligible to win subsequent weeks. Weekly winners’ photos will be removed from the contest and put into a separate photo gallery until the final contest period (October 23, 2017 at 1 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) through October 30, 2017 at 11:59 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”).
4. Prize: 8 winners will be selected throughout the football season to receive a pet prize pack ($170.98 value per prize). Prize will be issued upon verification of a contestant’s eligibility. The winner will be announced on Weis Markets’ Facebook page. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the grand prize cannot be awarded as described, for any reason. Taxes, gratuities and other expenses not specifically identified in these official rules are solely the responsibility of the prize winner. No transfer or substitution of the prize allowed except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Votes will be counted at 11:59 a.m Eastern Time (“ET”) and the prize will be awarded on or about 1 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) the Friday of every week beginning September 1, 2017 and ending October 20, 2017. Voting will reset after each prize winner is announced. The 8 winners will be announced on 9/1, 9/8, 9/15, 9/22, 9/29, 10/6, 10/13, and 10/20.
One grand-prize winner will be voted on from amongst the previous weekly winners to receive four (4) tickets to the Penn State vs. Nebraska game on November 18, 2017, and a $350 Weis Markets gift card ($2,535.94 value). One first-prize winner (contestant with the second highest votes) will be voted on from amongst the previous weekly winners to receive four (4) tickets to the Penn State vs. Nebraska game on November 18, 2017, and a $200 Weis Markets gift card ($2,385.94 value). One second-prize winner (contestant with the third highest votes) will be voted on from amongst the previous weekly winners to receive four (4) tickets to the Penn State vs. Nebraska game on November 18, 2017 and a $150 Weis Markets gift card ($2,285.94 value). Prizes will be issued upon verification of a contestant’s eligibility. The winner will be announced on Weis Markets’ Facebook page. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the grand prize and first prize cannot be awarded as described, for any reason. Taxes, gratuities and other expenses not specifically identified in these official rules are solely the responsibility of the prize winner. No transfer or substitution of the prize allowed except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. The final winners will be announced on or about 1 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on Monday, October 30, 2017.
5. Prize Conditions: Prize winner may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and a publicity release (“affidavit/release”). Documents must be returned by the date and/or time indicated within the forms themselves. If a potential winner fails to return these documents within the requisite timeframe, or if an entrant is found to be ineligible, or if he/she does not comply with the official rules, then the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected. Prize notifications returned as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) resulting from this Promotion will be the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Except where prohibited by law, the prize winner’s entry and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for the Promotion Entities to use said prize winner’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and city and state address on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, in perpetuity – without further compensation.
6. Contest Conditions: The Promotion is subject to all applicable laws. By participating, entrants agree: a) to these rules and decisions of Sponsor which shall be final and binding in all respects and in all matters relating to the Promotion; b) to hereby release, discharge, indemnify and agree to hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, Inc., and all of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives (individually and collectively “Releases”) from any liability or responsibility whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages (whether due to negligence or otherwise) of any kind (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss of or destruction of property), arising out of or in connection with the Promotion.
7. Limitations of Liability: In the case of a dispute as to the identity of any entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential prize winner may be requested to provide the Sponsor with proof that such winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. Promotion Entities are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, undeliverable or incomplete online entries due to system errors or failures, or other technological malfunctions. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Promotion or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the contest by cheating, hacking, deceiving, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs). If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of operating as planned, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and select a winner by random drawing from those entries received up to the cancellation/suspension date. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
8. Winners’ List: Beginning on or about October 30, 2017, you may obtain the name of the winners by contacting the Weis Markets Marketing Department at [email protected]
9. Sponsor: Weis Markets Inc. 1000 S Second St. Sunbury, PA 17801. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Any comments or questions about the Promotion should be addressed to the Weis Markets Marketing Department at [email protected]