In 2022, we raised and donated more than $2 million dollars in the community we serve.
- Fight Hunger: $1 million donated to 17 regional food banks and two food pantries in its seven-state market area as part of the company's 15th annual Fight Hunger Program. The donation includes customer contributions made at checkout in Weis stores throughout 2022 and a substantial corporate donation.
- Paralyzed Veterans of America (PVA): $350,000 to the nation’s only nonprofit organization dedicated solely to supporting veterans with spinal cord injuries, disorders, and diseases, like MS and ALS, and all people with disabilities.
- Weis4School: $500,000 in donations for schools in its seven-state market area. Donations were made possible by a company donation and customer contributions at self-checkout in July.
- PA Breast Cancer Coalition: $25,000 to support their mission to help find a cure for breast cancer.
- Paws for Pets: $309,000 raised to support more than 120 local pet shelters and rescue organizations during its 14th annual Paws for Pets program.
- American Heart Association: $300,000 as part of its Life is Why program. This donation was generated through customer donations in the company’s stores in February and a corporate donation.
For more information on charitable programs, please check out our corporate guidelines here.