COVID Vaccine FAQs
How do I schedule an appointment?
- You can only receive an immunization via an appointment. An appointment can be made by clicking on the appropriate state link on this page.
Do I qualify to get the vaccine?
Patients 5 and over qualify to receive the coronavirus vaccine. Pfizer is currently the only vaccine authorized to be given to those 5 and up. Moderna and J&J vaccine is authorized to be given to those 18 and up.
Parental consent for minors is needed at the time of those receiving a vaccine.
How do I schedule my second dose?
- The pharmacy staff will schedule your second appointment when you are given your first dose. This will be 4 weeks from your first immunization for Moderna and 3 weeks for Pfizer.
- The Janssen/J&J vaccine only requires one dose. You should schedule a second dose/booster for any new Janssen/J&J initial vaccinations 2 months after the initial one.
Do I need a third dose if I am immunocompromised?
- Those patients immunocompromised are eligible for an additional dose 28 days or later after their second dose of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine.
- Additionally, moderately or severely immunocompromised for those 5 years and older are eligible for an additional dose 28 days or later after their second shot. At this time, only the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine is authorized and recommended for children aged 5-17.
Do I need a third dose/booster?
- Patients who received both doses of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine are currently eligible for boosters. You are eligible for a booster:
- If you received your second dose at least 5 months ago and if you are age 12 or older.
- Note: Those 12 - 17 years old can only receive a Pfizer booster.
- The Janssen/J&J vaccine recipients should have a second dose or JNJ or a booster 2 months after the initial dose.
Is there a way to confirm an appointment after making it?
- The confirmation number is shown in the chatbot when you complete your appointment. There is also a reminder texted to you a day prior to your appointment if you add your mobile number in the chatbot when registering.
Which vaccine do we administer?
- All pharmacies administer the Janssen/J&J, Moderna, and Pfizer (Adult and Pediatric) vaccines.
Can I receive another vaccine with the COVID vaccine?
- Yes, you can receive any other vaccine with the COVID vaccine. In particular it is encouraged to receive a flu shot at the same time to best protect you.
- When scheduling, you can select multiple vaccines at the same time.
What information do I need when scheduling an appointment?
- You will need to provide the following: Name, Address, Date of Birth, Cell, Email, Rx Insurance, Plan Name, ID#, BIN, PCN and Relationship for insurance (cardholder/spouse etc.)