COVID Vaccine FAQs
How do I schedule an appointment?
- You can only receive an immunization via an appointment. An appointment can be made by clicking on the appropriate state link on this page.
Do I qualify to get the vaccine?
In MD, NJ, NY, PA, and WV, patients 12 and over qualify to receive the coronavirus vaccine. Pfizer is currently the only vaccine authorized to be given to those 12 and up. Moderna and J&J vaccine is authorized to given to those 18 and up.
How do I schedule my second dose?
- The pharmacy staff will schedule your second appointment when you are given your first dose. This will be 4 weeks from your first immunization for Moderna and 3 weeks for Pfizer.
- The Janssen/J&J vaccine only requires one dose.
Do I need a third dose if I am immunocompromised?
- Those patients immunocompromised are eligible for an additional dose 28 days or later after their second dose of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine.
Do I need a third dose/booster?
- Only those patients who received both doses of Pfizer vaccine are currently eligible for boosters. You are eligible for a booster:
- If you received your second dose of at least Pfizer 6 months ago.
--AND if you satisfy one of the following--
- If you are 65 and older
- Are a long term care facility patients
- Are ages 18-64 who either
- Are at an increased risk of contracting COVID because of workplace or institutional settings (ie work in retail, grocery, or healthcare settings)
- Are at risk of severe COVID disease due to a medical conditions
- Examples of these conditions include but are not limited to smokers, overweight, liver disease, heart disease, diabetes, airway diseases, kidney disease etc
- The Moderna vaccine only requires two doses at this time unless you are immunocompromised.
- The Janssen/J&J vaccine only requires one dose at this time.
Is there a way to confirm an appointment after making it?
- The confirmation number is shown in the chatbot when you complete your appointment. There is also a reminder texted to you a day prior to your appointment if you add your mobile number in the chatbot when registering.
Which vaccine do we administer?
- All pharmacies administer Pfizer vaccine.
- Pharmacies in NJ, NY, PA, and select ones in MD administer Moderna vaccine.
Janssen/J&J vaccine is available in limited pharmacies only. Please review the store listing here to week a weekly update of which stores have Janssen/J&J vaccine.
Can I receive another vaccine with the COVID vaccine?
- Yes, you can receive any other vaccine with the COVID vaccine. In particular it is encouraged to receive a flu shot at the same time to best protect you.
- When scheduling, you can select multiple vaccines at the same time.
What information do I need when scheduling an appointment?
- You will need to provide the following: Name, Address, Date of Birth, Cell, Email, Rx Insurance, Plan Name, ID#, BIN, PCN and Relationship for insurance (cardholder/spouse etc.)