WEIS MARKETS EXPANDS OPERATING HOURS, SERVICES
Service delis now open, immunization programs relaunched and Weis 2 Go Online hours extended
Sunbury, PA (May 27, 2020) – As part of its COVID-19 response efforts, Weis Markets today announced it has extended its operating hours and Weis 2 Go Online Pickup or Delivery availability, reopened its service delis with safety measures, and resumed all Weis Markets Pharmacy immunization programs.
Weis Markets store hours have been extended one hour in the evening and are now 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Sunday hours are 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. In Pennsylvania, the designated shopping time for seniors and those with compromised immune systems remains on Tuesdays from 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m., the same day a 10 percent senior discount is offered on more than 6,000 Weis brand items.
Availability of Weis 2 Go Online Pickup or Delivery availability has also been extended from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Services delis are also reopened, with social distancing markers and signage indicating separate order and pick up areas at the counter.
Weis Markets pharmacies have resumed their immunization program with additional safety precautions. Pharmacist immunizers will continue to administer immunizations in a private area. Both customers and pharmacists will wear masks; pharmacists already wear rubber gloves per medical requirements. Weis pharmacies offer immunizations for pneumonia, shingles, meningitis, tetanus/diphtheria/whopping cough, flu and Hepatitis A and B.
These changes are part of the company’s continuing efforts to upgrade and refine existing COVID-19 protection measures to ensure customer and associate safety, increase cleanliness and minimize personal contact, which include:
• Using non-contact infrared thermometers to take the temperature of associates before starting work. This policy is in effect in all Weis Markets stores along with its distribution center, manufacturing and processing facilities and store support center. Any associate with an elevated temperature will be sent home.
• Requiring all Weis associates to wear some form of protective face covering while working and asking customers to do the same
• Sneeze guards at all registers and courtesy desks • Limiting the number of customers in stores to ensure social distancing
• Cleaning and sanitizing stores on a continual basis as well as after stores close and before they open
• Hourly cleaning and sanitizing of high contact areas such as cash registers, self-scan units, credit-debit terminals, fuel pumps, shopping carts and baskets
• Social distancing markers • Hand sanitizer stations and cart wipes
• Temporarily suspending the sale of loose bakery items, or pre-wrapping them
• Temporarily closing self-serve salad, olive and soup bars • Temporarily closing in-store café seating areas
• Temporarily banning the use of personal reusable bags and the return of used plastic bags.
About Weis Markets Founded in 1912, Weis Markets, Inc. is a Mid Atlantic food retailer operating 197 stores in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, New York West Virginia and Virginia. For more information, please visit: WeisMarkets.com or Facebook.com/WeisMarkets.